Friday, October 9, 2009

INGENIOUS

Aight. 
This is just one of those quick schizophrenic posts in which I try to talk about something other than homework and sound somewhat intellectual/not half asleep. So for those living in a hole and whatnot, all of september magical things happened in NY/paris/milan/paris. FASHION WEEK. WHUT.  So I guess I will go for scattered reviews of shows that were just so utterly amazing I made a weird snortgasp of astonishment. 
VIKTOR & ROLF: I applause you guys immensely. 
Although I have gazed in awe at most of their collections.... I think this might just top them all- if that is possible. They were able to mock this idea of "HIGH FASHUNNNN" and "GEOMETRICS" (to be said in heavy french accents) but in such a beautiful and pleasing sort of way. I know Mcqueen did something similar last season but his was in more of an awkward bolder way. Here, Viktor & Rolf were able to capture this in such a pretty way, yet still show some amazing signs of innovation. I know i know, The colors are infact very cliche for spring/summer but really- its not like its going to burn holes through you eyes (even if it did.... it wouldn't look as fantastic as the dress below. And stop hating- your just jeal.) But really- this collection might inspire me to do something interesting with my tulle that has semi been squished into the back of my fabric closet. Eh.... not in the mood right now.


Makes me want to be hip and whatnot. 
Oh and speaking of colors...
I was scanning my blog the other day and realized how super depressed/gloomy my blog has been. I swear I will try to splash some color in along with super exciting news my friends! Either way- have a lovely Friday evening don't bail out on this creepy possessed sad looking child yet-
Martina

8 comments:

michelle said...

mmmm delicious

Over Panic said...

Super ton blog.:)
Bise <3

Panda said...

Hey :) Thanks so much for your lovely comment. I apreciate it as always! I LOVE that first picture, the dresses so friggin awesome. Oh and i want that last blue dress the models wearing...
Panda xxx

Camilla said...

NICE. im lovin' it ;) xxxx Camilla

rainbowpavingstones.blogspot.com

Liily said...

the 2nd row 4h blue one (confusing much) is fair AMAAZZINGG.

xl

Neon Gypsy said...

those tule waves on the dresses are interesting/inspiring.
LOVE.

neongypsy.blogspot.com

E said...

This collection was SO incredible!!

Emily Cato said...

Amazing amazing amazing!